Studio Illicit are looking for a talented and super-creative designer to work on our expanding portfolio of web and print projects. As well as producing beautiful brand design and marketing materials, you’ll also be working with our web design team as a webmaster and designer.
The role is part time (3 days a week). Working from Foundry 17, McCoy’s Arcade, you can enjoy a spacious, contemporary and beautiful working environment with our passionate creative team.
Think you’d be a good fit or want to know more about the role? Read on and get in touch!
You will be:
- Developing concepts, graphics and layouts for company logos/brand guidelines, printed materials and websites
- Creating and populating websites based on the WordPress platform
- Liaising directly with clients to determine requirements and researching relevant markets
- Briefing and advising clients with regard to design style, format, print production and timescales
- Liaising with external printers on a regular basis to ensure deadlines are met and material is printed to the highest standards
We’re looking for:
- A strong portfolio of design work
- Excellent working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud applications (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Good working knowledge of WordPress and webmaster/admin skills
- Ability to learn and use Adobe XD
- Demonstrable creativity and innovation
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- An understanding of design trends and their application to client needs
- Professional approach to project management: timescales, costs and deadlines
- A strong understanding of the principles of responsive web design
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work both with own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to learn quickly and think on your feet